With over a decade of presence in the eCommerce space, Wix has not just survived but thrived.
Renowned for its reliability, Wix has outgrown its initial identity as a simple website builder. It has seamlessly ventured into various industries, solidifying its status as a versatile digital companion.
Now, take a seat—brace yourself for a dive into a plethora of statistics. Together, we’ll unravel the layers and see how the platform’s doing these days.
Wix Statistics Deep Dive
Now, let’s go knee-deep and check out all the other numbers regarding Wix.
Wix Financial Statistics
- Wix embarked on its stock market journey on November 6, 2013, with an IPO opening at $16.50 per share, valuing the company at nearly $800 million. The issuance of 7.7 million shares exceeded its initial target, raising an impressive $127 million. This successful IPO not only injected a substantial financial boost but also reflected the trust investors placed in Wix’s potential growth in the tech market.
- In March 2011, Wix reached 8.5 million users and snagged a substantial US$40 million in Series D funding, totaling US$61 million. This highlighted Wix’s popularity and strong financial backing, positioning it as a major player in the web development scene of 2011.
- Back in 2012, the company reported a net loss of $12 million in 2012, which increased to $18 million in the first nine months of 2013. However, amidst these losses, Wix’s revenues reached $56 million during the same period. This resilience in generating revenue amidst financial challenges underscores Wix’s commitment to its business goals.
- In the end, Wix managed to turn things around, boasting 14 consecutive quarters of upward trends in premium subscriptions, revenues, and collections. This sustained growth not only speaks to the company’s adaptability but also highlights its dedication to providing value to its customers, resulting in consistent revenue growth.
- Wix’s revenue trajectory has been dynamic, surging from $9.9 million in 2010 to $43.7 million in 2012, and then reaching $34.1 million in the first half of 2013. This rollercoaster showcases Wix’s ability to adapt and scale its operations effectively, responding to market demands with agility.
- As of the first quarter of 2018, Wix held $266 million in cash, generating $24.8 million from regular activities during that period. This strong liquidity position provided Wix with the flexibility to invest in innovation, respond to market changes, and weather economic uncertainties.
- In 2018, following an investor day, Oppenheimer raised Wix’s price target to $105, maintaining an “Outperform” recommendation. Such analyst endorsements suggest that the market perceives Wix as undervalued and poised for further growth, aligning with the company’s strategic goals.
- Wix sustained a remarkable revenue growth rate of over 40% annually for three consecutive years leading up to 2018. Projected revenue for 2018 ranged from $594-$597 million. Despite occasional quarterly losses, the company maintained a positive free cash flow trajectory. This consistent growth, coupled with fiscal responsibility, indicates a robust business strategy.
- Q4 2019 marked a robust quarter for Wix, with revenue reaching $204.6 million, a substantial 25% YoY increase. The annual revenue for 2019 demonstrated solid growth of 26%, totaling $761.1 million. This consistent upward trajectory suggests the effective execution of strategic initiatives and market responsiveness.
- In 2020, Oppenheimer adjusted Wix.com’s price target to $310 from $350. This adjustment indicates evolving market dynamics, possibly influenced by Wix’s performance and industry trends. Despite that, the company still managed to maintain an “Outperform” rating.
- In the most recent financial snapshot of 2022, Wix reported total revenue of $355.0 million in Q4 2022, marking a 6% YoY increase. On a constant currency basis, the revenue reached $361.4 million, demonstrating an 8% YoY growth. Furthermore, achieving its most profitable Free Cash Flow (FCF) quarter ever, with FCF1 reaching $52.0 million, indicates operational excellence and a bright financial outlook.
- In 2022, Wix secured a substantial $60 million in funding from its investors like Bessemer Venture Partners, Mangrove, Benchmark, DAG, and Insight Venture Partners. Beyond the financial boost, this demonstrates the industry’s acknowledgment of Wix’s strategic vision and potential for growth.
- In Q4 2022, Wix.com made a significant financial turnaround, reporting earnings of $0.61 per share (excluding one-time items). This is a notable shift from the previous year when the company recorded a loss of $0.34 per share during the same period. This turnaround indicates the company’s ability to adapt and generate positive returns, reflecting effective strategic measures.
- In 2022, Wix achieved a significant milestone as the annualized recurring revenue from Creative Subscriptions surpassed the $1 billion mark. This achievement not only highlights the loyalty of Wix’s user base but also the successful monetization of creative offerings.
- In Q3 2022, Wix achieved a Gross Payment Volume (GPV) of $2.5 billion, showcasing substantial transactional activity on the platform. Simultaneously, transaction revenue reached $36 million during the same quarter, illustrating the robust financial performance of Wix’s eCommerce capabilities.
- In 2022, Wix made strategic adjustments, allocating $64 million for marketing, a reduction from the $81 million spent in the previous year. This refinement in marketing strategy reflects their calculated approach to cost management.
- In 2021, Wix allocated a notable annual advertising budget of $100 million, emphasizing its commitment to brand visibility and customer acquisition. This significant budget allocation aligns with the competitive landscape and the critical role of marketing in the tech industry.
- Partners Revenue in Q3’22 played a pivotal role, contributing a substantial $87 million to Wix’s overall revenue. This highlights the strength of Wix’s partner ecosystem, a vital element of its revenue diversification strategy.
- Wix’s revenue stream showcases global diversification, with 41% of its total revenue generated from outside North America. This diversification mitigates regional risks and positions Wix as a global player, capitalizing on opportunities across various markets.
- Wix.com reported Q4 2022 revenue of $355 million, contributing to the company’s annual revenue for 2022, which amounted to $1.4 billion. This represents a respectable growth rate of 6%, underscoring Wix’s capacity to maintain revenue growth in a competitive market.
- Looking forward to 2023, Wix.com has forecasted a 9-11% growth in revenue. This forward-looking projection indicates confidence in the company’s strategies and its ability to continue catering to the evolving needs of its user base. It’s a positive sign for investors and stakeholders.
- Wix is actively implementing cost-saving measures, intending to achieve total savings of $200 million in 2023 and annualized savings of $215 million. These measures demonstrate the company’s commitment to operational efficiency and prudent financial management.
- For Q1 2023, Wix estimates revenue to be in the range of $367-$371 million, reflecting a robust 7-9% year-on-year growth rate. This estimate is contingent on the macroeconomic environment remaining stable. Looking at the full year 2023, Wix expects revenue to reach between $1.51 billion and $1.535 billion. These forecasts are in line with the company’s growth trajectory and strategic initiatives.
- Analysts also share a positive outlook, with Q1 2023 revenue projected at $366 million and a full-year revenue projection of $1.511 billion. The alignment between company forecasts and analyst expectations adds credibility to Wix’s financial outlook.
Wix Market Share Statistics
- In 2018, Wix encountered a noteworthy 66% surge in its share price, culminating at a record $95.8 in June. This impressive increase unfolded despite the company not achieving an annual profit. The market’s response suggests robust investor confidence, possibly driven by positive operational indicators, strategic moves, or anticipation of future profitability.
- As of 2023, Wix has secured its position as the premier website builder globally. The company commands an impressive 43% of the global market share. This dominance speaks volumes about Wix’s ability to resonate with users worldwide and underscores its pivotal role in shaping the website building landscape.
- Among all websites utilizing a CMS, Wix claims a notable 3.6% market share. This signifies a considerable footprint in a competitive arena, where numerous CMS options vie for user preference. Wix’s 3.6% share attests to its popularity and effectiveness in a diverse array of websites using content management systems.
- As of September 2020, Wix claimed the title of Australia’s second-largest website builder with a robust 26.1% market share. The platform’s popularity in the region can be attributed to its user-friendly approach. Australians likely found Wix to be an accessible and effective solution for crafting their online presence, contributing to its significant market success.
Wix Stock And Stakeholder Statistics
- The year 2018 marked a significant turning point for Wix as U.S. investment institutions showed strong interest in the company’s stock. T. Rowe Price took the lead with a substantial 14.1% stake, followed by Steadfast at 8.5%, and Fidelity at 5.5%. Notably, European fund Mangrove Capital Partners, an early supporter of Wix, maintained a robust 9.7% stake. This diverse portfolio of ownership reflects the global appeal of Wix’s growth story, drawing investors from both sides of the Atlantic.
- On September 30, 2023, Wix’s stock closed at $91.80 on NasdaqGS, a bit higher than before. After the regular trading hours, in the after-hours market, it went up a bit more to $92.29. It means even after most people finished trading for the day, some still thought Wix was a good bet.
- In the same year, people working within Wix had about 3.20% of the company’s stock. But the big investment groups had way more, about 88.86% of all the shares available for trading. Out of the 513 groups with Wix shares, most are big players who trust Wix a lot.
- Now, looking at the big names, Baillie Gifford and Company had the most Wix shares — almost 14% of the company, valued at a whopping $729 million in 2023. Next up was Starboard Value LP with around 6.67% of Wix, worth $347 million. Then comes Blackrock Inc. with 4.56% of Wix, valued at $237 million. These are serious players, putting a lot of money into Wix because they believe it’s going to do well.
Sources: Yahoo Finance
Wix User Statistics And Popularity
- In its early stages, from 2009 to 2010, Wix witnessed a noteworthy commencement with 1 million users. In the subsequent year, the user base experienced substantial growth, surging to 6.5 million in 2010. This impressive leap demonstrated a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 108%, reflecting a clear resonance with users looking for accessible web development tools.
- The year 2014 marked a significant turning point as Wix’s user base soared to 50 million. This leap was not just about numbers; it signaled a strategic expansion phase. Wix’s ability to attract such a substantial audience in a competitive market likely involved effective marketing and product enhancements.
- By 2017, Wix proudly celebrated the achievement of 100 million users. This milestone was not just about reaching a big number; it indicated that Wix had become a go-to platform for a significant portion of people seeking user-friendly website creation tools. It’s a testament to the platform’s broad appeal.
- The momentum continued into 2019, with Wix serving 150 million users. This consistent growth suggested that Wix was not just a flash in the pan but a platform that managed to adapt to evolving user needs, securing its relevance in a competitive landscape.
- Fast forward to 2021, and Wix’s user base stood strong at an impressive 200 million. The subsequent year saw further growth, with over 238 million registered users globally. These figures highlight not just the size but the depth of Wix’s impact on online presence worldwide.
- With 34,000 new users joining every day, Wix’s reach is dynamic. Additionally, its availability in 17 languages and support in 190 countries reflects a global approach, acknowledging and embracing diverse user preferences.
- Behind these numbers are over 5,000 employees – an impressive and evidently dedicated team that plays a vital role in maintaining the platform’s functionality, innovation, and support for users.
- The success of Wix’s freemium model is evident in the significant growth from 42 million registered users post-IPO in 2013 to 130 million subscribers by 2018. This model not only attracts a large user base but also effectively converts users into paying subscribers over time.
- In Q4 of 2019, Wix’s paying customer base increased by 89,000, totaling 4.5 million by the end of the year. This indicates that a substantial portion of users see value in upgrading to premium plans, contributing to Wix’s revenue.
- As of right now (September 2023), a staggering 8,454,278 live websites are using Wix, with an additional 2,972,085 sites having used Wix historically. This data underscores Wix’s role in facilitating a multitude of online presences, ranging from personal blogs to business websites.
- With 3.8 million global searches every month and 20.37% of traffic coming from search engines, Wix’s visibility in search results is significant. This drives user discovery and shows the inclusion of some search engine optimization in Wix’s digital strategy.
Wix Stores Statistics
- Over the twelve months leading up to June 30, 2021, Wix’s eCommerce stores experienced a remarkable surge, with sales shooting up by an impressive 114%. This isn’t just a number; it’s a testament to the vibrancy of businesses using Wix to sell their products and services online. The 140% year-on-year increase in sales transactions adds another layer to this success story, indicating not only growth but a growing customer base.
- In 2020, amidst global challenges, Wix’s eCommerce platform demonstrated its resilience. Collectively, Wix eCommerce stores facilitated a whopping $5.4 billion in online transactions. That shows that a good deal of businesses turned to Wix as a dependable platform during turbulent times. It highlights the trust placed in Wix’s capabilities for online commerce.
- According to Wix’s own analysis, stores with loyalty programs saw their revenue soar, averaging 214% higher than those without. This insight suggests that fostering customer loyalty through well-crafted programs can significantly impact a store’s financial performance. It’s a reminder that customer engagement isn’t just about acquisition; it’s about retention and growth.
- Speaking of Wix Stores, and not General Wix Services – the 2,766,101 live websites using Wix Stores signify a substantial user base. This suggests that Wix Stores’ appeal lies in its ongoing relevance, possibly due to user-friendly features, customization options, or efficient e-commerce tools, making it a go-to platform for a diverse range of businesses.
- The dominance of Wix Stores in the United States, with 1,747,140 instances, speaks to the platform’s success in a highly competitive market. This could be attributed to factors such as effective marketing strategies, tailored features for the U.S. market, or partnerships that have strengthened Wix’s position in the region.
- Over 4 million websites have used Wix Stores in the past, showcasing its widespread popularity among site owners. Despite a dip in current usage, with Wix Stores representing only 0.17% of the Top 1 million sites, it still maintains a presence among well-trafficked websites. This dual perspective highlights Wix Stores as a platform that has had significant historical traction while still holding relevance in a subset of the most visited online spaces today.
Wix Payment Statistics
- In the European Union, fees for transactions amount to 2.3% of the transaction value plus an additional 0.30 EUR. This fee structure reflects a competitive edge, positioning the EU as a region with relatively moderate transaction costs. While not the lowest, the 2.3% rate strikes a balance, providing a reasonable cost for users engaged in financial transactions.
- Switzerland imposes a fee of 2.8% of the transaction amount, coupled with an additional 0.30 CHF. This fee structure places Switzerland on the higher end of transaction costs among the listed countries. However, Switzerland is known for its robust financial services, and the slightly elevated fees may be attributed to the country’s reputation for stability and security in the financial sector.
- The United Kingdom applies a transaction fee of 2.5% of the transaction amount along with 0.20 GBP. This fee falls within a mid-range spectrum, offering users a competitive transaction cost. The UK’s fee structure reflects a balanced approach, aligning with the country’s status as a major financial hub.
- In the United States, transactions incur a fee of 3.5% of the transaction amount and an additional 0.30 USD. This places the U.S. on the higher side of transaction costs among the listed countries. The slightly elevated fees may be indicative of the expansive financial infrastructure and services available in the U.S., contributing to the convenience and accessibility of financial transactions.
- Canada, like the U.S., imposes a fee of 3.5% of the transaction amount plus 0.30 CAD. This fee structure positions Canada with relatively higher transaction costs compared to some EU countries. However, it is worth considering the extensive financial services and stability that Canada offers, which contribute to the overall value and convenience of transactions in the country.
Sources: Wix Processing Fees
Wix Traffic And Ranking Statistics (From August 2023)
- Wix has a global rank of 1,871 signifying a strong international standing. The U.S. rank of 1,169 indicates prominence in a key market. The potential cause for the slight difference could be attributed to varying levels of competition, market dynamics, or regional marketing strategies.
- The substantial 46.5 million monthly visits suggest a considerable user base. The 2.6% increase from July to August might have stemmed from seasonal trends, successful marketing campaigns, or feature updates. A deeper analysis of user behavior during this period and the impact of specific marketing initiatives could provide more clarity.
- Wix.com’s authority score of 80 is commendable and implies a high level of trustworthiness. This score might have resulted from consistent content quality, positive user interactions, and effective backlink strategies.
- The dominance of desktop visits at 74.4% suggests that users often engage in more complex tasks on the platform. The 25.6% from mobile devices indicates the importance of a mobile-friendly experience.
- The impressive 242.1 million backlinks reflect a robust online presence. The -3.5% decrease might have resulted from routine link clean-ups or algorithm adjustments by search engines. Analyzing the quality and context of these backlinks, along with changes in the competitive landscape, could reveal the reasons behind this fluctuation.
- The drastic -92.9% drop in organic search traffic from July (6,292 searches) to August (444 searches)is somewhat concerning. Potential causes might have included algorithmic changes, technical issues, or shifts in user search behavior. Nevertheless, the site continues to do well, as is evident by the monthly visits.
Wix Tech Expansion And Acquisition Statistics
- Wix’s transition from Adobe Flash to HTML5 in March 2012 was not just a technological shift; it was a strategic move reflecting the platform’s adaptability. The industry was moving away from Flash due to compatibility and performance issues, and Wix’s timely transition showcased a proactive approach to aligning with evolving industry standards.
- The strategic partnerships with Vistaprint and LegalZoom in 2021 were not just about expanding the Wix ecosystem; they were strategic maneuvers to position Wix as an essential ally for small businesses. By integrating with industry leaders, Wix aimed to provide users with seamless access to additional services, fostering an ecosystem where businesses could thrive without having to navigate disjointed solutions.
- In June 2011, Wix hopped onto the social commerce bandwagon by rolling out its Facebook store module. It was a clever move, showing that Wix was totally tuned in to the whole social media-driven business trend. This nifty module lets users easily fuse their online stores with Facebook, giving them a cool way to connect with customers and boost sales through the social scene.
- The diversification of Wix’s offerings from 2014 to 2020 was a calculated strategy to cater to specific industries. Wix Hotels, Music, Restaurants, Ascend, Fitness, and Editor X were tailored solutions designed to address the unique needs of various sectors. This strategy allowed Wix to penetrate deeper into niche markets, providing users with specialized tools beyond generic website creation.
- Wix’s introduction of Wix Headless in May 2023 was a forward-looking move. By catering to professional web developers and larger businesses, Wix acknowledged the changing landscape of web development. It wasn’t a mere feature addition but a strategic pivot to capture a segment that demanded more flexibility and control in their development processes, positioning Wix as a serious contender in the enterprise space.
- In March 2014, Wix strategically acquired Appixia, an Israeli startup specializing in native mobile commerce (mCommerce) apps. This move was more than a mere expansion; it positioned Wix at the forefront of mobile commerce, a burgeoning trend in online transactions. By integrating Appixia’s expertise, Wix demonstrated foresight in catering to the growing mobile-centric user base, ensuring a seamless and user-friendly experience for businesses and customers.
- October 2014 witnessed Wix’s strategic move with the acquisition of OpenRest, a company known for its expertise in creating online ordering systems tailored for restaurants. This acquisition wasn’t just about adding a feature, it was a calculated move to tap into the expanding market of online food ordering. Wix, by integrating OpenRest, positioned itself as a comprehensive solution for restaurants, aligning with the digital transformation occurring in the food industry.
- The year 2017 marked a significant expansion for Wix as it acquired DeviantArt, an online art community, for a noteworthy sum of US$36 million in February. This acquisition was a strategic move to tap into a vibrant and engaged online community. By bringing DeviantArt into its fold, Wix signaled a commitment to fostering creativity and collaboration within its ecosystem, expanding its reach beyond conventional website building.
- In February 2020, Wix broadened its reach by acquiring Inkfrog, a platform designed to assist eBay sellers. This demonstrated Wix’s understanding of the diverse needs of online sellers. By integrating Inkfrog, Wix provided its users with tools to enhance their presence on one of the largest eCommerce platforms, showcasing a commitment to empowering businesses across varied online marketplaces.
- March 2021 brought another notable acquisition as Wix secured SpeedETab, a technology provider focused on enhancing the online presence of restaurants, based in Miami. By integrating SpeedETab, Wix aimed to provide comprehensive solutions for restaurants, aligning with the increasing demand for digitization in the hospitality sector.
- Wix continued its strategic growth in May 2021 by acquiring Rise.ai, a company specializing in gift card solutions and customer re-engagement packages for online brands. This acquisition was a strategic move to enhance customer engagement and retention. By integrating Rise.ai, Wix equipped businesses with tools to drive loyalty and repeat purchases, demonstrating a commitment to providing holistic solutions for eCommerce ventures.
- June 2021 witnessed Wix’s expansion into the marketplace and drop-shipping space through the acquisition of Modalyst. This move wasn’t merely about entering a new market; it showcased Wix’s strategic vision to cater to the evolving needs of eCommerce businesses. By integrating Modalyst, Wix positioned itself as a comprehensive solution for businesses involved in drop-shipping, aligning with the changing dynamics of the online retail landscape.
Sources: Forbes, Wix Partners With Vistaprint – PR Newswire, Wix Partners With LegalZoom – PR Newswire, CNN Business, Search Engine Journal, ZDNET, FSR Magazine, The Next Web, Wix, Tech Crunch, Times Of Israel, The Verge, InkFrog, Wix Acquires SpeedETab – PR NewsWire, Wix Acquires Rise.ai – PR Newswire, Wix Acquires Modalyst – PR Newswire
- In 2018, Wix CEO Avishai Abrahami’s shares were valued at a substantial $156 million, with a paper gain of $62.3 million. This valuation reflects investor confidence in the company’s leadership and growth prospects. It’s not just a financial metric; it’s a vote of confidence that likely attracted more investors and bolstered Wix’s financial strength for future expansion
- Wix’s offering of over 800 templates is a strategic asset. It caters to a wide range of users, from beginners to businesses, by providing diverse design options. This abundance contributes to Wix’s growth by making the platform more accessible and appealing. It attracts and retains users who seek a user-friendly website creation experience, positioning Wix as a versatile and accommodating solution in the competitive web development landscape.
That’s a wrap—fingers crossed, I’ve painted a comprehensive picture for you. Wix isn’t your ordinary website builder; it’s a dynamic force making waves in various sectors.
The ball’s in your court, now.
Whether you’re revamping an existing site or starting fresh, Wix can very well be your reliable ally in navigating the ever-evolving landscape of online presence.
- Adobe Commerce Statistics (Up To Date) Facts & Figures
- Shopify POS Statistics (Up To Date) Facts & Figures
- Temu Statistics (Up To Date) Facts & Figures
- Shopify Statistics (Up To Date) Facts & Figures
- Shopify Plus Statistics (Up To Date) Facts & Figures
- Aliexpress Statistics (Up To Date) Facts & Figures
- Ecwid Statistics (Up To Date) Facts & Figures
- Redbubble Statistics (Up To Date) Facts & Figures