Is Shopify exclusively for drop shippers? Being one of the most widely used E-commerce websites on the Internet, are there more aspects to its utilization? Let us find out how it is more than just a Dropshipping business platform.
What is Shopify?
Founded by Tobias Lutke and Scott Lake 10 years ago, it is an online e-commerce platform offering a very effective user interface to create an online store to sell products. It is very safe and legitimate and the ratings by the customers show satisfaction.
This is a golden platform for new businesses and those with little or no technical know-how about the developer and coding stuff.
How is it Different than other E-commerce platforms?
Unlike most of the E-commerce platforms available, it offers a much better and easy-to-use user interface. Here you can set up your online store without much expertise needed. It provides an extremely easy customization part of the process and a bunch of tools and apps to manage the store. This is what takes it to a completely different level than other available platforms.
- Shopify Basic: It is for those who just want an online store of their business so it has just basic features enabled
- Shopify Plus: It provides more advanced tools for bigger-scale business purposes.
- Shopify Lite: It is for those who already have a website but want to use some tools of the platform. This one is affordable in price too.
- Shopify POS (Point of Scale): It is a tool for selling products offline at a store, shops, or events and managing the finances on the app.
- Advanced Plan: This is for large businesses. In this there is no limit to the number of products and the monthly subscription is $299.
What are the Pros and Cons For Shopify?
- No technical knowledge is needed.
- Provides a professional and interactive user interface to retain a greater number of customers.
- It has more than twelve hundred different apps available to manage the store. It makes it even easier to handle your online business with the least effort.
- An Around-the-clock support team is also available which you can contact through chat, e-mail, phone.
- A bunch of marketing tools is there to handle selling the product on social media platforms. You can use them to grow the SEO rank, and for blogs as well.
- With a reasonable price for different plans based on need and a transaction fee on different apps. It provides the best of profits at a minimal cost.
- Not good for extra-level customization of the theme. Wide range customization requires one to know Shopify’s Liquid code which is difficult for non-tech guys to use.
- Few free templates are available and others need to be paid for.
- Apps are available to make the process easy. But they are not free so you have to pay for them.
- Phone support is unavailable in many countries.
How does Shopify work?
It is based on SaaS is Software as a Service model. It is a business model for software distribution. It provides an interface where you can design your E-commerce websites and provides lots of in-built tools also to ease the process.
- So, you start by designing your store
- Then you can add all the products you want to add.
- There are tools available in the store for all such kinds of tasks
- U can add discount coupons, can check real-time data of user interaction.
- Analysis of the customers helps in understanding their requirements. This can help in making the store better.
- After all the customization when you are ready with the interface you can set up a domain name of your own.
You can sell anything on Shopify. There is no limitation as such on to what kind of products or services you can provide. And then with the help of the Ads tool, the SEO, and social media platforms you can increase the traffic on your store. So this is a plus point here that you do not need to do these things separately. There are in-built tools for that.
Dropshipping on Shopify
Dropshipping is a business technique where you as a seller do not need to keep the stock. But you have to take orders from the customers and pass them over to the wholesaler or the manufacturers and keep a margin of profit with you.
So, in Dropshipping you act as a middleman to whom customers come to place their orders and get charged by you. Then you pay for the shipment to the seller at their price which is lower hence earning the profit margin.
Shopify provides an app called Oberlo for dropshipping with which you can source your products from AliExpress. The order is placed on your store of the product then the shipment is done directly by the supplier to the customer. You don’t even need to worry about the packaging and everything is done by the seller.
Is Shopify only for Dropshipping?
Dropshipping is one important aspect of the E-commerce platform provided by Shopify. But there are lot many services apart from it provided. There is a lot of coding and developer knowledge required generally for Dropshipping. But Shopify saves us from all the technician aspects with its user-friendly interface.
You can build your E-commerce website on this platform and start selling your products too. It provides tools like “Gross Profit Margin Calculator”, “CPM Calculator” and many more tools. These tools help you to manage the financial aspects of your E-commerce store.
So, as we see Shopify is a great E-commerce platform for not just Dropshipping but to managing the entire business online. You can use all its amazing tools and plug-ins and all that at some nominal cost which based on all the profit earned with it is quite reasonable.
Hence it is quite evident whether you want to establish your business online or you want to start an online E-commerce store. So if you want to save yourself from a lot of technical stuff involved, it is the best platform for you.